Feb 12, 2009

Not a baby anymore!

Today was Skyler's 9 month check up! I was unable to take him because I had some issue with my root canal I had earlier that day so Drew came to the rescue and took him in for me. Dr. Bean said that he is perfect! He weights 21 pounds and is 50% in weight and height and 79% with his head! She also, told us that we need to start getting him used to big people food. The other night I gave Skyler a bit of my mac and cheese and he broke out, Dr. Bean said that he is more then likely he is still allergic to dairy like he was when he was a baby and not to give him any dairy products just yet. Skyler also has out grown his car seat and time to get him new one! Which I was shocked about because I thought you could not put them in one until they are at least a year, but I guess it has to do where his shoulder straps go in there baby car seat and if they met the height and weight criteria they can. My Lil baby is not a baby any more! I feel like he has grown over night, he loves to crawl and get into everything he can, plus he sprouted another tooth and one more on the way. OH, and he said his first word - "DAD" how convenient! Drew came home from work and Skyler was playing in his walker and saw his dad and yelled "DAD". Us, moms get screwed that way! But like I said, He is becoming a big boy!

Skyler loves his new car seat!

2 comments:

The Brownings said...

Hooray for big boys!!! It's so fun to look in your rear view mirror and see their cute little faces checking out the whole new world that is out there when facing forward!! Good choice on the car seat! We have that one too and it is the best!

Jennifer Nicole said...

First I love the picture of him in what I think is the garbage can and in his car seat. That little smile is just to much. Moms do get kind of screwed with the whole dada thing. When he does figure out mama it will be the sweetest sound you'll every hear.