May 29, 2008

Big Boy Skyler


My little boy is getting so big! Last night was the first night that we put him in his BIG boy crib because I'm getting ready to go back to work and I need to start getting the family on some kind of schedule. I was really sad because I knew that means no more snuggles with him in bed in the middle of the night. But, to my surprise Skyler did so good for his first night in his room! He only woke up twice. Once at 1:30 and again at 5:30, Which are his normal times to wake up.
So, I think last night I was having a hard time with him moving on to his big boy bed because on his first feeding at 1:30, I heard him start to cry threw the monitor and I sat up in bed and hit drew and told him that he had to take care of the other baby because I can only handle one baby at a time. Drew had this really confused look on his face. He looked at me and then the monitor and asked me where Skyler was and I told him with me. Once again he looked at the monitor and said " are you sure?" and I said "yes". Then he asked me again "What baby do you have?" and removed the covers from my arms. I had my stuffed animal Tony curled up in my arms. I thought it was a baby... Yea, Drew thinks I'm nuts.. I just think either I was having separation anxiety or very much sleep deprived!!! Oh well, it was a good laugh at 1:30 this morning!!

4 comments:

**Cunningham's** said...

Can you say RADIO?? What a perfect story for the perfect name. I am so proud of you for putting Skyler in his big boy crib! I still haven't put Kohen in his yet. But I did put him in it for a little nap yesterday. Baby steps...we'll get there someday. I'm suprised it wasn't Alli in your arms :) When are we going to the zoo?

The Brownings said...

I thought it would have been Alli in your arms too! That's pretty funny! It happens to all of us :>

the larsons said...

How cute is that story?!? Congrats for Mr. Skyler moving on to his big boy bed!! I am soooo glad we got to see you last week!! Lets get together again soon..when there is not the stress of a party going on:) Although, every time we all get together, it seems like a PaRtY!!! LOL! Love your guts!

Brittany and AJ said...

I can't believe he is getting so big already...I can't wait to start watching him, we will both miss you but we will come see you for lunch if you're lucky!!!
luv ya,
Britt