Jul 1, 2009

Allie update!


Our Lil Allie! Only 3 weeks old!

Allie's leg has seemed at times like it was getting better but then on Sunday she started panting really bad. I called the vet that she had been going to for years and they said it's normal not to worry. So, last night I was sitting on the couch and she was breathing, really short-hard breaths. So, I called the vet and they said, "Well, we don't know what is wrong, if you are worried then you can bring her in." It really bothered me just how they acted like nothing was wrong and not their concern. So, I texted my friend, Jessica and asked her what is a good night time vet and she told me to take her to Cottonwood animal hospital. I called them and told them what had been going on and they said "If her leg has not gotten better with in 2 days being on the steroids then there is something that is being missed and she needs to be seen."





So, Drew took her to the vet at 9:30 last night while I stayed home with Skyler and Gator. They ran some blood test, some pain test, and a joint test. They wanted the back surgeon to look at her in the morning because she does have deep pain in her back and they wanted to keep her over night so he can look at her first thing in the morning. So, last night she had a vacation from the family. :(





This morning the surgeon called me and said they need to do an MRI on her but they could not fit her in until 6pm tonight and they would call me when they are done. So, we waited, and waited and they finally called; Dr. Law said that it's either 1 of 2 things- A piece of cartilage came off some where and is blocking blood flow in her spine, the part that controls the left leg. He said that it's like a stroke. Her leg will get better over time but never be 100%. Or option 2, is that 2 of her disks in her spine look weak and would need to be replaced or repaired and that would cause for surgery. But he wants to have the radiologist take a look at the MRI for sure before we know what needs to happen. So, poor lil Allie is away from home again until we find out what needs to happen!





It was a really emotional day for both Drew and I! It's sad because I know to some people say it's a dog. But I'm sorry, this dog, is our baby- She has been apart of our lives for almost 5 years now and we have taken care of her, loved her, played with her. She has been the best dog and is such a big part of our family and we hope that she gets better soon! Gator, I think is at a lost too with our her here, he just walks around the house looking for her hoping she will turn up! It's kind of sad! We love you Allie and are pulling for you!! xoxo

4 comments:

Brittany and AJ said...

Oh my heck you didn't tell me that it hasn't gotten better!! I am so sorry I am pulling for her too!! She better be ok that is all I have to say:(I love you and I love Allie...When she gets better we need to have a play date with the doggies, K? Toby loves her, even though he hasn't seen her for a long time.
XOXO

Jessarella said...

I am so sorry! I know how dogs become a part of your family. I hope she starts feeling better soon!!!

Jennifer Nicole said...

:-)Poor Allie! I would be sad to, dogs are totally apart of the family. I hope she gets better soon, and comes home soon to keep Gator company.

Aunt Nicki And Grandma said...

Hi My Favorite Little Neice Allie We Hope You Get Better Soon Me And Grandma Will Come ANd Visit You Soon We Love You Alots And Alots Aunt Nicki And Grandma Carzy