Jul 27, 2009

What a night!



Last night started out like any other night getting Skyler ready for bed. But then it turned sour really quick. Yesterday, he had been running on the warm side all day. I thought it was because he has 3 teeth coming in, so I keep him on the Tylenol. Well, last night we where getting Skyler ready for bed, Drew and I thought he felt REALLY warm, and his fever spiked really fast. We gave him Tylenol and a wet cloth for his head and hoped that his temp would go down. It was 103.6. As he sat/laid across my lap he just looked so lifeless, Drew tried to talk to him, get him to follow his finger something, but nothing. He was very unresponsive. He picked Skyler up and took him over to the fan thinking that would make him respond, but then it happened, He started to turn blue and go really stiff, he was starting a seizure. We laid him on the floor on his side and Drew called 911 and all we could do is sit and wait for him to come out of it. The paramedics came and said yes, it was another fever seizure just like he had in May. His levels where fine, sugars, ect. But they still wanted to get him checked out. So, off to the hospital we went...


After about 3 hours of waiting, the Dr. came in and said what called the fever was his double ear infection. I thought the fever was caused by his teeth coming in but I guess fever don't get above 100 degrees with teeth. Skyler, did not act like anything was wrong with his ears at all, so I would have NEVER would have guessed it was his ears. The Dr said to follow up with his normal Dr and ask them to do a full work up on him because since this is his second one, that it lowers the threshold to where he could have seizures all of his life even if they are not fever related. Skyler goes in on Thursday. I'm also going to ask her if we should put tubes in his ears because the last time this happened was because of an ear infection...


All in all, I'm glad that he is doing better today. He would not laugh, smile or want to move at all this morning, but Grandma and Grandpa crazy came out to see him today and he is doing better. It was the scariest moments in my life to watch my son go threw that and not being able to help him. But, I'm going to do everything I can so he does not have to go threw that again. We love Skyler and thanks for being so TUFF!!

3 comments:

Jessarella said...

Oh my gosh! That is so scary. Poor baby!

Brittany and AJ said...

Poor little guy, we love him so much!!! We are glad to hear that he is doing ok:)XOXO

the larsons said...

Oh my gosh! Poor Skyler. You told me he had a high fever..but you never said anything about another seizure! I am glad he is doing better now:) Love you guys!! XOXO~